The most dangerous phrase in the language is, “we’ve always done it this way.”
"Come on, let’s mix it up!" The heart surgeon says.
"B-but we’ve always done it this way!" The other replies, "this is how you replace a heart valve."
"That’s the most dangerous phrase in the human language!" The first surgeon replies haughtily as he inputs a fruit loop into the patient’s heart. "This will be his valve. He will be a fruit loop in a world of Cheerios."
(taken from this post on the experiments of Harry Harlow)
This is serious business, because this is a large part of how sexism, racism, homophobia, rape culture, ethnocentrism, etc. continue to happen.
Tuesday Jul 22 @ 02:33am with 191,555 notes
The Boxtrolls (2014) | Behind the Scenes
via Animation Magazine:
- 1 week; the average amount of time for an animator to complete 3.7 seconds of footage
- 3.5 inches, the cuff-to-cuff measurement of baby Eggs’ sweater (created on an embroidery machine to produce irregular lines, like a hand-knitted garment). His little socks are only ⅝” long
- 4 scenes per week was the goal for each animator
- 14 different fabrics were used in Lord Portley-Rind’s white hat
- 24 kinds of weeds were created for backgrounds by the greens department
- 55 different sculpts of prop cheeses were made; different scale sizes were needed for wide, medium and close shots
The 7th image… oh man..how do they animate water so that the wave lights animate alongside the character animation?? Is that some 3D printed water right there that they switch out over and over??? A light projection thru glass? Dying to know how it works. Everything about how Laika makes movies is real actual magic
Tuesday Jul 22 @ 02:31am with 9,502 notes
If you are in need of butts, here are some of the butts from Rome.
I’m so glad you took time to photograph butts while in Italy
I like to imagine the artists lovingly sculpting these booties.
Tuesday Jul 22 @ 02:28am with 29 notes
- child I am babysitting: How do you get grownup teeth?
- me: You lose your baby teeth
- child I am babysitting: they fall out!?
- me: they fall out
- child I am babysitting: do you still have your baby eyes?
- child I am babysitting: or did they fall out
- me: you keep the same eyes all your life
- child I am babysitting: *touches eyes* whoa
Tuesday Jul 22 @ 02:28am with 302,699 notes
Forever reblogging this.
And the fact that there’s more than one company means several people called makes it even better.
Monday Jul 21 @ 10:39pm with 968,605 notes
Brought my cousin with me to my parents house and now my dad’s making him vacuum the entire house because my cousin said it was a womans job to vacuum and clean
Monday Jul 21 @ 10:38pm with 80,883 notes
when the person u hate does something that makes everyone else hate them:
Monday Jul 21 @ 09:00pm with 230,383 notes
i will never not reblog this
Dr. Seuss was a racist. He wouldn’t attach his words to an interracial romance. Here are seven racist cartoons he made about Japanese-Americans during WWII.
He also later apologized and wrote Horton Hears a Who! to illustrate his remorse for his previous way of thinking
HALLEJ FUCKING ULAH
Monday Jul 21 @ 03:43pm with 496,617 notes
Monday Jul 21 @ 03:42pm with 370,664 notes
i guess you learn something new every day
Monday Jul 21 @ 03:41pm with 160,574 notes
- Me: excuse me do you have cardboard cones in stock?
- Michaels: sorry those arnt in season
- Me: excuse me?
- Michaels: they arnt in season yet.
- Me: ...there's a season for cardboard cones?
- Michaels: yes.
Monday Jul 21 @ 10:51am with 380 notes